Thursday, February 14, 2013

Best Chicken Noodle Soup Ever!

Ahh... Chicken Noodle Soup. The epitome of comfort food. Unless it's nasty haha... then it can only be equated with desperation i.e. quick and easy and well, I don't make it THAT often, so the kids can't complain too much. Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who HATED chicken noodle soup growing up. Seriously, how exciting can veggies you don't like and dried noodles be in a broth? But then when I was a Junior in High School my friend brought a mug of the most amazingly creamy yummy soup I had ever tasted, and my opinion was forever changed that chicken noodle soup could not only be good, but the amazing comfort food it was supposed to be. I begged my mom to get the recipe from my friend Ashley and her mom (also my friend) Myalin. Thankfully, they were happy to oblige :) Unfortunately, however, it was all guess work... a little of this and a little of that, so I was super excited when I got this recipe from my friend Christy.. the same exact recipe but with measurements!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

1 chicken –boiled & boned (or about 3 breasts)
8 cups of water or the stock
1 cup celery
1 cup carrots
1 cup onions
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
3 bouillon cubes
1 16 oz sour cream
1 pkg Old Fashioned Grandma’s Noodles (in the freezer section)
In a crock pot cook chicken, water/stock, veggies, chicken soup and bouillon cubes. One hour before serving add the noodles and right before you serve add the sour cream.
If cooking on the stove, boil chicken, water, veggies, noodles and bouillon til tender. Then add sour cream and chicken soup.

1 comment:

  1. is this Christy Rawson's ... it's my favorite too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete