Monday, August 6, 2012

Asian Summer Salad

The first time I tried this, my friend Debra had brought it over after I'd had my son. I've never liked Ramen noodles or cared for cabbage, but one bite of this changed my whole perspective! I seriously could not stop eating it. Of course I had to immediately get the recipe and start bombarding my family with my newest love affair every other week. Seven years later, this is still one of our fav summer salads (especially with a nice juicy hot-off-the-grill hamburger!).

1 head cabbage, shredded or 1 bag of Coleslaw
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 packages Chicken Top Ramen uncooked, broken into pieces
Mix all of these ingredients together

In a separate bowl combine:
1/2 cup oil
4 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp pepper
2 envelopes seasoning packets from the Top Ramen
Combine all and pour over salad 1-2 hours before serving.

For another variation, add cooked chicken for a one bowl meal!

2 comments: