Monday, October 1, 2012

Cowboy Salsa

This is a pretty popular salsa known under many names, but I call in Cowboy Salsa, because I am a die hard Wyoming-ite and therefore, a salsa that is this amazing needs some association with us Cowboys :) (even if I am just a wanna-be cowboy haha). My daughter's fav snack ever, she sees me buy an avocado and she starts jumping for joy...

1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1 avocado
1 tomato
Salt to taste
1 pkg Italian Dressing mixed up according to directions. Not a requirement, but it does taste better if you can make the dressing up a few hours in advance and let it refrigerate.

Mix everything together but the dressing. Only add dressing right before serving. Watch the bowl disappear in record time (or hide what is left in the fridge in the furthest part of the fridge for that midnight craving :)

1 comment: