Thursday, January 3, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower & Aged White Cheddar Soup (So Good!)


This is to die for! I found this on closetcooking.com and that guy got it right! Just the name of it made my mouth water. I didn't know how my family would react, but it got 5 stars! Mr. Amazing kept saying it was something he would expect to be served in an upscale restaurant. The aged white cheddar is a key ingredient. It's hard to find. I found it at our local Smith's made by Private Selection. It costs a pretty penny (6 oz is $4) but it is a must! :) I hope you like it as much as we do!

1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp oil
1 med onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
3 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups aged white cheddar, shredded
1 cup milk or cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil along with the salt and pepper and arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 min. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 min. Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute. Add the broth and cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 min. Puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency with a stick blender. Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the milk and remove from heat.

1 comment:

  1. mmm I am thinking you should make this for me... I'll bring dessert

    ReplyDelete