Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shredded Ham (So Good!)

To. Die. For. That is if Jen makes it! For some reason mine was too mustardy... but I stuffed myself on hers and was left drooling for more! I love the flavor and texture of this meat... it reminded me of the amazing sandwich (albeit way too small) pork sandwich I had at Dickey's BBQ. This makes a TON of meat, perfect for other recipes and for freezing!

7 lb butt or shank portion ham
10 oz mustard
1/2 bag brown sugar

Bring ham to a boil with lid on and then simmer for 8 hours (with lid on). Combine brown sugar and mustard to make sauce. Let ham cool, then shred over water in a colander. Add sauce, stir well and put into 9x13 pan. Refrigerate overnight. Bake covered at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Serve on rolls and then use as sweet pork in Cafe Rio burritos and salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment