Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Baked Potato's


I'm an Idaho girl (and now Wyoming girl and wannabe cowboy) and therefore, meat and potatoes for every meal was not just a figure of speech. It was rare NOT to have some form of potato every evening at dinner. And so even though I've broadened my horizons a little bit, I'm still a potato girl at heart (preferably french fries haha ;). And these baked potatoes are so good! (I got this from recipe from crockpot365.blogspot.com).

Potatoes (Russet or Red)
Tinfoil

Scrub and dry potatoes. Poke holes in potatoes with a fork and then wrap in tinfoil. Put in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours (depending on size of potato) or on high for 5-6 hours. Warning: the potatoes do turn yellow for whatever reason! But oh they are moist!

Serve as a side or do what I usually do and make it into a potato bar: open up potato and add butter, sour cream or ranch, seasoned cooked hamburger (We prefer Cavender's Greek Seasoning. You can buy it at Walmart, and it is soooo yummy on meat!! ), bacon crumbles, sunflower seeds, green onions, and cheese with a salad on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment