Sunday, September 9, 2012

Strawberry-Peach Crisp

This is the perfect summertime/fall cobbler! When I first got this recipe out of the Kraft Food magazine, I seriously made it every single week for my family! We couldn't get over the flavor! Now it's tradition to have it every summer as the perfect fruity, crunchy, perfect deliciousness treat :) (Guilty confession: My fav fruit has always been peaches and strawberries, and my fav cereal is Honey Bunches of Oats, so this was bound to be my fav dessert :)

1/2 cup flour, divided
2 cans (15 1/4 oz each) peach slices, drained
2 cups halved strawberries
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter
3 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal, lightly crushed
1 tub Cool Whip topping 

Preheat oven to 350. Remove 2 tbsp of the flour; set aside. Toss peach slices with strawberries, 3/4 cup sugar and remaining flour in large bowl. Place in ungreased 8" square baking dish. Mix Reserved 2 tbsp flour and the 2 tbsp sugar in separate large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal and mix until well blended (I find I have to use my hands to mix the crumble mixture thoroughly into the cereal). Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake 25 min or until topping is lightly browned. Served with Cool Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment